Saturday, December 22, 2007

Deadlines



Deadline, schmedline. I must face the fact that the Joshua sweater is not going to be under his tree in time for Christmas. I will have it finished by Christmas but the mail date is 4 days past. I could borrow the car and drive it there, but there's a big storm coming. In fact, it's been dusky grey all day in the Chicago area where I enjoy domesticity on the farm of my in-laws. I did knit for a couple of hours this morning. Then I read. I cooked. I botched the fudge. Again. I computed. I SHOULD'VE been knitting ALL day. But what good would that do at this late date? Now, as I prepare to travel to "the river" to eat dinner under, beside, around and across from every type of Christmas decoration ever created at this fabulous restaurant (a joyful tradition at this time of year) I look at the sweater and try to figure out how to break the news to my youngest friend in the world, 15 month old Josh. Sorry Joshy. I am a victim of my own short attention span and made 2 pairs of socks, 3 scarves, 2 mittens, one hat, and some other stuff while I was also knitting your sweater. My bad. I hate it when that happens.

No comments: