Thursday, April 15, 2010

Felted Messenger Bag WIP

Another bag, and this time I felted the heck out of it. It's a modified version of a pattern from the beautiful book Norwegian Handknits. The flap was knitted separately and hand-sewn onto the bag with a contrasting pine-green yarn in a zig-zaggy rustic fashion. I knit the shoulder strap from that color also.

The bag waits to be lined and embellished with embroidery. I'm still in drawing stage on the design. I want rosemaling to be my inspiration. I chose a lovely red shade from my stash. So far, that's the only color but I'll add more.

By the way, if you have a chance to visit the Vesterheim Museum in Decorah, Iowa, USA, don't miss it. Hubby took me there on one of our road trips about a dozen years ago and I LOVED it...beautiful things and amazing needlework.

No comments: