Saturday, July 03, 2010

A Special 4th


Today is the 4th of July, Independence Day in America, a major holiday in our country. It's also a special day, personally. Six months ago today I took in a foster kitty from the Roice-Hurst Humane Society. I asked for the kitty that was most challenged adoption-wise. I was introduced to "Chloe", a beautiful blue-eyed Sacred Cat of Burma who was socially and physically challenged and had been there for over a year. She is thought to be about six years old. I planned to foster her and try to help her become adoptable since I work out of the country for at least half the year and it wouldn't be practical to have a permanent pet.

It was a success. She's adoptable. We are officially keeping her. Who couldn't love a kitty with a face like this? I especially like her "Clutch Cargo mouth" pose.

We want to follow the naming convention of Birman cats which involves names starting with a certain letter of the alphabet depending on the year the cat is born. We are happy to introduce the newest member of our family with her new name: Basia (pronounced BAH-shah). Thank goodness she wasn't born in a "Q" year!

Any pet sitters out there?

No comments: