Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Collared Wrap progress


The knit-along I'm doing with my friend Valerie is progressing nicely. I am almost done except for one more side, the collar side, of my wrap and Valerie is knitting for miles on her shawl too. This pattern is from Sally Melville's book, The Knitting Experience: Book 2: The Purl Stitch. It knits up fast and is really easy to do, a good take-along project. I recommend writing out the chart by the row as we got mixed up and had to continually rip out in the beginning when looking at the chart. The written instruction was easier for us. It's a combo of 3 stitches (stockinette, purl, and garter) in squares and then a 2x2 rib all around the edges, longer on one long edge to make the collar. My favorite thing is that there is no sewing. It's all one piece with picked up stitches along the edge for the the ribbing. My shawl is knitted in olive green baby alpaca from Peru and I'm really excited about it...so soft and cuddly. I'll post a photo of the MY finished wrap soon but here's a photo from Ravelry, the knitter's social network online where you can see various finished collared wraps others knitted in the same pattern.

No comments: