Monday, May 23, 2011

How to Knit the Second Mitten...or Not

I wonder if the mitten in this photo will ever get its mate? It's been so long since I made the first one (we're talkin' years!) and I didn't write down the pattern as it spilled out of my head. There's a Ziplock bag with yarn in it (see there?) for knitting the other mitten that I so carefully squirreled away and didn't pillage for other projects. That was sometimes difficult, I recall. So why don't I JUST KNIT IT?? No pattern? uh uh, that's no excuse, sister. Look at the first mitten and count. No prob.

What will make me do it? Someone please jump start me.

In my defense, (sadly, I feel the need to justify), this is the way it used to be all the time with me. There was so much unfinished knitting in my closet that one day I was compelled to give most of it away. I mean c'mon. When I started knitting some of the items in there I was younger than my daughter is now! She's 37 so that means I kept unfinished knitting around for decades.

But I don't do that anymore. I usually begin and finish 3 or 4 items a week. I'm so good now. I'm an obsessed knitter. I'm a knitting fool. I never leave the house without knitting in my purse. I'm knitting all the time. Maybe I will knit a second mitten and not even notice.

Nah. I need a kick in the buttocks.

1 comment:

carrie said...

And that, my friend, is exactly why you should support mismatched socks and mittens! Surely you have another lone mitten floating around? Or perhaps you could use that bag full of yarn to try out a new mitten pattern and your new mitten and your old mitten could be best friends forever!