Saturday, November 17, 2007

Back in the USA!

I've been surfing the web for the last hour. There's all this cool new stuff...well, new to me. I'm probably the last one to know. 15 months away and I can see I have heaps of catching up to do. It's been over a month since I left Mactown. Thailand and Eastern Europe were great (more about that later). I'm at the farm of my in-laws, still going through mail (ugh) except for all the knitting magazine subscriptions (yay). The bags are unpacked. The laundry is done. Mom's Apple Pie. Check. A "real lettuce" salad. Check. Free water. Check. With ice! Check. The toilet paper is soft and public bathrooms are free. I'm still waking up at 3:00 AM and falling asleep in my chair at 6:30 PM. What is this thing called jet lag? And why am I suddenly afflicted? I look forward...'puter, Internet, knit, read, catch up with email and phone calls, knit. Holidays! And did I mention knitting. My mother-in-law is also a knitter. This afternoon there's still more to do but I'm parked here in the country with family and I feel content as a baby wrapped up in a blanket, rocking in her mother's arms. I wish everyone could feel this special.

No comments: